JAMHI Health & Wellness, Inc.
Tobacco Prevention Coordinator
If you are passionate about helping others and you thrive in a fast-paced environment with a team that is dedicated to providing our clients with the highest level of care so they can “Live their Own Best Lives”, then come join the JAMHI team.
Our Tobacco Prevention Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, providing support, and education to prevent the initiation of young people using tobacco; identifying resources and assistance to help current smokers quit; protecting children and adults from secondhand smoke; eliminating tobacco-related disparities; working toward development and implementation of a statewide tobacco plan.
- In conjunction with Director of Prevention & Wellness Services, manages and implements grant budget.
- Ensures successful completion of required deliverable as identified in the TPC grant.
- Educates adult community members and youth on tobacco prevention and cessation resources.
- Supports community stakeholders with voluntary policies that reduce exposure to secondhand smoke.
- Provides training and technical assistance for implementation of smoke-free policies.
- Engages community members in tobacco prevention campaigns.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with community partners.
- Plan and implement or participate in community planning and implementation of outreach events.
- Attends internal and external meetings and any training’s required by the agency or its funders.
- Supports local, regional and statewide policies that limit tobacco use and exposure to second-hand smoke.
- Provides educational information in a variety of settings e.g. health fairs.
- Assists in analyzing and resolving tobacco prevention and control related issues.
- Assists with developing and maintaining work groups, generating reports, etc.
- Compiles and writes quarterly initial program reports for the Grants Administrator.
- Help design media campaigns to educate and inform about tobacco prevention.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Substance abuse certification by the State of Alaska preferred.
- Knowledge of the consequences of smoking and addiction to tobacco required.
- Knowledge of public health systems, community outreach and engagement preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Must have a valid AK driver’s license.
- Must pass background and fingerprint check.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Long Term Disability Insurance, 403(b), Paid Holidays, and Liberal Leave Accrual.
Salary Range: $24.58 – $31.77 (DOE)
Application Instructions: To be considered for a position with JAMHI, you must submit both your resume and our employment application. Be sure to complete all requested information on the application form. Do not write “See Resume” on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may submit your paperwork by email HR@jamhi.org or by drop off at our clinic located at 3406 Glacier Hwy.