Residential Living Specialist
Description: Under the supervision of the Assistant Residential Services Director, this position is responsible for the supervision of Severely Mentally Ill residents living in JAMHI residential housing and their activities; provide support for symptom management and psychosocial development. Maintain a therapeutic, safe and healthy environment.
- Develop and implement life skills groups with residential clients.
- Monitor resident attendance in program activities.
- Outreach, encourage and promote resident engagement in activities, groups, and participation in skill building and other activities.
- Coordinate with clinical, case management and facility staff to maintain successful tenancy within clients’ residences and the residential community.
- Provide ongoing support, clarification, and redirection to residents as needed.
- Support and facilitate the development of living skills that will support the clients; including meal preparation, financial management, and maintenance of a clean, orderly living environment.
- Assist with planning, shopping, and preparing meals with residents to increase independent living skills.
- Support and facilitate symptom management, including skill building, support systems, crisis intervention, and de-escalation.
- Communicate with other staff members any information that will provide insight and better understanding of resident issues.
- Work to ensure a clean and sober campus, encouraging sobriety and reporting any areas of concern.
- Work closely with the residential clinician and Case Management through ongoing communication to ensure therapeutic continuity with the treatment process.
- Provide and monitor residents’ intake of medications and document the amounts and times of day they were taken.
- Coordinate with nursing, pharmacies and case managers to ensure clients have access to medications as prescribed.
- Serve as a main contact with pharmacies and pick up medications from as needed.
- Respond to crisis situations and provide crisis intervention as needed, helping to ensure the safety and mental stability of clients according to policies and procedures while being mindful of trauma informed care practices.
- Assist residents in following their treatment plans.
- Prepare and maintain all necessary documents including progress notes, time sheets and incident reports in a timely manner.
- Assure all JAMHI rules and policies are followed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires two year of experience providing direct service in the field of human services.
- Ability to work effectively as part of Residential Services team, with persons experiencing severe mental illness.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Requires background check.
- Current Alaska Driver’s license and driver license for a minimum of three years with clean driving record.
Salary Range: $19.41 – $25.08