Registered Nurse (RN)
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment with a team that is dedicated to providing our clients with the highest possible level of service so they can “Live their Own Best Lives”, this position is for you.
This position provides professional nursing care to patients at the JAMHI Mid-Town Clinic in compliance with professional standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team. In addition, responsible for the coordination of medication management and administration in accordance with professional, legal, and ethical standards.
- Oversee and coordinate medication management integrating client needs and current mental status.
- Administer and oversee the administration of IM and PO medications as ordered and directed by Provider.
- Provide medical screening of patients prior to them being seen by Provider
- Perform blood draws and complete necessary lab work/prepare and send out labs.
- Provide client education and support regarding medications and medical concerns.
- Coordinate medication management including pick-up and delivery to JAMHI locations.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of patient medication “bubble-packs” as necessary
- Triage walk-in clients as well as phone calls.
- Provide appropriate referrals for medical and dental needs and assist as needed.
- Maintain all necessary documentation and clinical records.
- Review current medication management protocols for JAMHI Residential Programs as well as the medical office and assist in updating as needed.
- Document patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established policies, procedures, and objectives; quality improvement; safety; environment and infection control prevention programs.
- Coordinate travel authorizations for Medicaid-Eligible patients as needed.
- Just to name a few.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to:
- Work independently and with good judgment
- Work as a team member
- Exercise a high degree of tact, discretion, and sound judgment.
- Apply discretion in handling confidential information and situation.
- Prioritize and productively manage time to ensure compliance with numerous deadlines.
Be skilled in:
- Oral and written communication.
- The use of various software.
- Interviewing and interacting with clients and their family members.
- Problem identification and resolution.
And the ability to:
- Work independently and within diverse teams.
- Shift priorities and adjust to changes.
- Organize and manage a caseload.
- Maintain Confidentiality.
- Provide and maintain a professional relationship with individual clients and their families, which allows for mutual respect, consistency, and empathy in all interactions, and appropriate ethical and relational limits and boundaries.
- Pass a criminal background check in accordance with the current state regulations.
RN I ($28.00 – $36.69 (DOE)
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Alaska.
- New Grad or RN with less than three (3) year’s comparable experience.
RN II ($32.32 – $45.53 (DOE)
- Current Registered Nurse Licensure in the state of Alaska.
- A minimum of three (3) year’s comparable experience.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Long-term Disability Insurance, 403(b), Paid Holidays, Liberal Leave Accrual.
Salary Range: $25.82 – $36.37 (DOE)
Application Instructions: To be considered for a position with JAMHI, you must submit both your resume and our employment application. Be sure to complete all requested information on the application form. Do not write “See Resume” on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may submit your paperwork by email HR@jamhi.org or by drop off at our clinic located at 3406 Glacier Hwy.