Full Time Registered Nurse (RN)
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment with a team that is dedicated to providing our clients with the highest possible level of service so they can “Live their Own Best Lives”, this position is for you.
This position provides oversight and coordination of medication management and administration in accordance with professional, legal, and ethical standards at the JAMHI Salmon Creek Campus and Community Housing & Support Services (CHSS) program.
- Provide collaborative/coordination of care to persons served by JAMHI with outside medical providers.
- Collaborate with pharmacy services.
- Oversee and coordinate medication management integrating client needs with current mental status.
- Review current medication management protocols for JAMHI Community Housing & Support Services Program.
- Administer and oversee the administration of IM and PO medications as ordered and directed by Provider.
- Provide the necessary training for non-nursing staff regarding medication management at JAMHI Community Housing & Support Services Program.
- Provide monitoring and support for non-nursing staff regarding medication management at JAMHI Community Housing & Support Services Program.
- Provide new staff orientation and ongoing training on bio-hazards, blood borne pathogens, etc.
- Oversee the maintenance of all necessary documentation and clinical records.
- Provide support to JAMHI practitioners as needed.
- Provide client education and support regarding medication and medical programs.
- Management of regular operations of lab ensuring all procedures are being followed and standards are met.
- Coordinate medication management including pick-up and delivery to JAMHI locations.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of patient medication “bubble-packs” as necessary
- Review current medication management protocols for JAMHI Community Housing & Support Services Program as well as the medical office and assist in updating as needed.
- Document patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established policies, procedures, and objectives; quality improvement; safety; environment and infection control prevention programs.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to:
- Work independently and with good judgment
- Work as a team member
- Exercise a high degree of tact, discretion, and sound judgment.
- Apply discretion in handling confidential information and situation.
- Prioritize and productively manage time to ensure compliance with numerous deadlines.
Be skilled in:
- Oral and written communication.
- The use of various software.
- Interviewing and interacting with clients and their family members.
- Problem identification and resolution.
And the ability to:
- Work independently and within diverse teams.
- Shift priorities and adjust to changes.
- Organize and manage a caseload.
- Maintain Confidentiality.
- Provide and maintain a professional relationship with individual clients and their families, which allows for mutual respect, consistency, and empathy in all interactions, and appropriate ethical and relational limits and boundaries.
- Pass a criminal background check in accordance with the current state regulations.
- Current Registered Nurse Licensure in the state of Alaska.
- At least one year experience working with individuals experiencing mental illness and substance abuse disorder.
- Knowledge of lab operations and periodicals.
- Experience or familiarity with medication distribution, med sets and bubble packs.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Long-term Disability Insurance, 403(b), Paid Holidays, Liberal Leave Accrual.
Salary Range: $32.32 – $45.53 (DOE)
Application Instructions: To be considered for a position with JAMHI, you must submit both your resume and our employment application. Be sure to complete all requested information on the application form. Do not write “See Resume” on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may submit your paperwork by email HR@jamhi.org or by drop off at our clinic located at 3406 Glacier Hwy.