Do you enjoy a wide variety of duties that make each day unique?
Are you a dedicated, team player with great communication skills who can be held accountable while treating others with respect?
Would you enjoy helping people live their own best lives?
Position Description: The Director of Human Resources guides and supports supervisors and staff throughout the organization in the practice of JAMHI’s personnel policies. Under the supervision of the CEO and along with other members of the leadership team, the Director of HR participates in and contributes to complex administrative processes, supports board governance endeavors and accreditation standards. The Director of HR conducts recruitment, maintains personnel files, coordinates orientation of new employees, facilitates the work of the training team, and provides training and support to staff on matters related to employment law, best practices in workforce and talent management. Coordinates work flow; updates and monitors tasks to ensure progress to timeframes. This position is responsible for contributing to and supporting the JAMHI website. This position is the administrator for Relias Learning Management System. The duties of this position require a high degree of independence, judgment, tact, discretion, and confidentiality in dealing with staff, clients, the public and other stakeholders.
- Organizational Development:
- Provide leadership in developing a trauma-informed work culture and environment.
- Provide leadership in managing and responding to changes in work requirements, work environment and workforce composition.
- Participate with other leaders in staff productivity engineering and enhancement, taking into account service, physical and electronic systems demands and supports.
- Models strong accountability and follow-through contributing to organization-wide planning to enhance service delivery and business processes from the human resource perspective.
- Consistently demonstrates effective tact and diplomacy, contributes to complex problem-solving, provides effective managerial support and contributes to effective teamwork.
- Engages, energizes and motivates others while being a champion for consistent adherence to and proliferation of the JAMHI values throughout the organization
- Staff Recruitment, Hiring and Retention:
- Develop and implement strategic plans for talent acquisition, retention and succession planning.
- Manage recruitment activities and advertising for all departments.
- Receive applications and resumes and track all job applicants.
- Maintain a current and accurate JAMHI HR report with input from leaders and supervisors
- Develop and monitor the employee evaluation system and process.
- Oversee and train supervisors on agency interview process and regularly participate on interview panels.
- Manages the hiring process and ensures appropriate salary placement of all hires.
- Facilitate new staff orientation and exit interviews for departing staff.
- Recordkeeping & Reporting:
- Ensure record keeping and reporting to meet all regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Supervisor Guidance & Coaching:
- Provides interpretation and consultation to supervisors regarding the union contract, employment law, employee handbook, JAMHI personnel policies and best workforce practices.
- Assists in negotiating the grey area that can be associated with maintaining a collaborative workforce and developing healthy workplace culture.
- Participates as an impartial third party in matters of conflict resolution, disciplinary action and when requested.
- Agency-wide Support & Training:
- Identify, develop and implement strategies for staff training and professional development.
- Facilitates the work of the cross-agency training team
- Oversee and coordinate the cost-efficient development and delivery of staff training to meet or exceed service and professional quality standards, including supervision of training staff, development and implementation of multi-media training resources including the Relias Learning Management System.
- Develop and maintain an employee recognition program to encourage continual growth and increase employee retention.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Business-related Bachelor’s degree, ideally in human resource management.
- SHRM Certified or willing to pursue certification.
- Experience/Skills/Abilities: Three years of administrative experience with demonstrated human resource management capabilities.
- Additional years of human resource experience may substitute for the related bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of administrative processes and practices and excellent skills in public communications; office practices, business English and letter writing; grammar, spelling and punctuation; knowledge and skill in use of standard business computer software (Word, Excel, and Access preferred), email, word processing and office equipment.
- Must have ability to work independently, prioritize workload, gather data, reason logically, communicate effectively with officials, employees, private groups, and the public; compose letters or reports utilizing a wide knowledge of vocabulary, grammar and spelling; perform delegated administrative assignments; etc.
Salary: $29.65 – $41.77 plus benefits
Back to JAMHI Careers