Behavioral Health Associate
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment with a team that is dedicated to providing our clients with the highest level of care so they can “Live their Own Best Lives”, then come join the JAMHI team. Our Behavior Health Associate’s make the difference in the lives of our clients every day by supervising daily living tasks, assisting with treatment objectives, participating in recreational events while ensuring the safety and security of clients at all times. The successful candidate for this position must be able to role model positive social skills and appropriate healthy behaviors at all times, even in high-stress situation.
Major areas of Responsibility Include but not limited to –
- Provide ongoing support, clarification and redirection to residents as needed.
- Transport residents as needed.
- Prepare and maintain all necessary documents including progress notes, time sheets and incident reports in a timely manner.
- Assignment, assistance, and supervision of resident’s daily tasks, instruction and assistance in learning skills necessary to complete their tasks.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Plan, shop and prepare meals involving residents as much as possible.
- Maintain a clean and orderly living environment while also assisting residents in their involvement in household chores.
- Assure all house rules and policies are followed.
- Assist residents in planning activities and leisure time pursuits.
- Monitor residents’ intake of medications. Document the amounts and time of day they were taken.
- Attend required meetings, classes or in-services.
- Communicate with other staff members any information that will provide insight and better understanding of resident issues or the running of the household.
- Assist residents in following their treatment plans.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position Requirement –
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Possess a valid Alaska Drivers License or the ability to obtain an Alaska Drivers License within 90 days of hire and have at least three years of driving experience and a clean driving record within the last 3 years. Must obtain a driving record at time of employment and annually thereafter.
- Meet State and Agency requirements for passing a criminal background check upon hire and as required thereafter.
- Must be able to obtain First Aid/CPR following hire.
- Experience in Human Services Field (preferred).
- Basic knowledge of office equipment and computers, including word processing and email.
Job Type –
- Night Shift (7:30 pm – 8:00 am). Employee will work a total of 84 hours in a 2-week period.
- Salary – $16.26 – $21.00 DOE
- Benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, paid leave, 11- paid holidays
Physical Requirements –
- Extended periods of sitting and standing. Bending, pushing, moving and lifting objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Mobility and dexterity sufficient to assist clients and handle required job-related functions and move about the facility. Ability to cope with clients who may use challenging or offensive language with potential for escalation.
Apply on-line at www.jamhihealthandwellness.org