Position Description: Under the supervision of the Residential Services Director, this position is responsible for the supervision of Severely Mentally ill community housing residents and their activities; provide support for symptom management and psychosocial development. Maintain a therapeutic, safe and healthy environment.
- Provide ongoing support, counseling, clarification and redirection to residents as needed.
- Transport residents as needed.
- Prepare and maintain all necessary documents including progress notes, time sheets and incident reports in a timely manner.
- Assignment, assistance, and supervision of resident’s daily tasks, instruction and assistance in learning skills necessary to complete their tasks.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Plan, shop and prepare meals involving residents as much as possible.
- Maintain a clean and orderly living environment while also assisting residents in their involvement in household chores. .
- Assure all house rules and policies are followed.
- Assist residents in planning activities and leisure time pursuits.
- Monitor residents’ intake of medications. Document the amounts and time of day they were taken.
- Attend required meetings, classes or in-services.
- Communicate with other staff members any information that will provide insight and better understanding of resident issues or the running of the household.
- Assist residents in following their treatment plans.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience providing direct service in the field of human services, preferred.
- Ability to work effectively as part of Residential Services team, with persons experiencing severe mental illness.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Meet State and Agency requirements for passing a criminal background check and driving record upon hire and as required thereafter.
- Must have valid Alaska driver’s license, or ability to obtain an Alaska driver’s license within 90 days of hire, and ability to clear the JAMHI auto insurance screening through the independent insurance carrier.
- Must be able to obtain First Aid/CPR following hire.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
Hours: This is a night position, 7:30 pm – 8:00 am
Physical Requirements: Extended periods of sitting and standing. Bending, pushing, moving and lifting objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Mobility and dexterity sufficient to assist clients and handle required job-related functions and move about the facility. Ability to cope with clients who may use challenging or offensive language with potential for escalation.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 403(b), Paid Holidays, Liberal Leave Accrual.
Salary Range: $16.26 – $21.00
Application Instructions: To be considered for a position with JAMHI, you must submit both your resume and our employment application. Be sure to complete all requested information on the application form. Do not write “See Resume” on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may submit your paperwork by email or by drop off at our clinic located at 3406 Glacier Hwy.