Position: Full Time Behavioral Health Associate I
Description: Under the supervision of the Residential Services Director, this position is responsible for the supervision of Severely Mentally Ill group home residents and their activities; provide support for symptom management and psychosocial development. Maintain a therapeutic, safe and healthy environment.
- Provide ongoing support, counseling, clarification and redirection to residents as needed.
- Transport residents as needed.
- Prepare and maintain all necessary documents including progress notes, time sheets and incident reports in a timely manner.
- Assignment, assistance, and supervision of resident’s daily tasks, instruction and assistance in learning skills necessary to complete their tasks.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Plan, shop and prepare meals involving residents as much as possible.
- Maintain a clean and orderly living environment while also assisting residents in their involvement in household chores.
- Assure all house rules and policies are followed.
- Assist residents in planning activities and leisure time pursuits.
- Monitor residents’ intake of medications. Document the amounts and time of day they were taken.
- Attend required meetings, classes or in-services.
- Communicate with other staff members any information that will provide insight and better understanding of resident issues or the running of the household.
- Assist residents in following their treatment plans.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience providing direct service in the field of human services, preferred.
- Ability to work effectively as part of Residential Services team, with persons experiencing severe mental illness.
- Must be 21 years old and have had a driver’s license for three years.
Salary Range: $16.26 – 21.00