Emergency Services Clinician
Description: Under direction of the Clinical Director, the Emergency Services Clinician responds to mental health crisis calls by providing emergency mental health assessments, crisis intervention, consultation and referral services. Facilitates client access to voluntary or involuntary psychiatric hospital care and prescribes other clinical interventions necessary to maintain safety and reduce harm. This position is a week-on/week-off position expected to be on-call all hours during scheduled weeks of duty.
- A minimum of a master’s degree in a behavioral health field, awarded at least 12 months prior to application.
- Must be professionally licensed in field or eligible for licensure and actively pursuing licensure.
- Eligibility for Bartlett Regional Hospital Privilege Certification.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check in accordance with the current state regulation requirements.
- Professional writing, computer and communications skills.
- Ability to provide and maintain a professional relationship with individual clients and their families, which allows for mutual respect, consistency and empathy in all interactions, and appropriate ethical and relational limits and boundaries.
- Must have valid Alaska driver’s license and be able to clear the JAMHI auto insurance screening through the independent insurance carrier and/or if driving own vehicle the minimum state liability coverage is required.