Emergency Service Clinician II
JAMHI is hiring an Emergency Service Clinician II. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment with a team that is dedicated to providing our clients with the highest possible level of service so they can “Live their Own Best Lives”, this position is for you.
- Provide clinical on-call services during scheduled shift.
- Throughout shift, be available to provide crisis intervention as appropriate by phone within 15 minutes and in person within 30 minutes from receipt of request.
- Conduct emergency services evaluations (Primarily at Bartlett Regional Hospital Emergency Room (ER), Lemon Creek Correctional Center (LCCC), and JAMHI’s facilities.
- Inform on-call clinician coming on duty, involved professionals (i.e. referring physician, attending psychiatrist, case manager) of results of crisis intervention, current client status, and appropriate follow-up, and provide with any pertinent documentation prior to end of shift.
- Prepare and submit all required documentation for all encounters; submitting hard copies of paperwork to Records and the Operations Support Specialist, as necessary, by the start of their shift. Keep supervisor informed of on-call activities.
- Initiate involuntary commitment petition as necessary and coordinate transportation to Alaska Psychiatric Institute or other facility with the state’s transportation contractor(s) in compliance with state regulations.
- Continually update knowledge of Alaska Statues pertinent to ES, court system, and procedures for communicating with Juneau Police Department (JPD), Bartlett Regional Hospital – Mental Health Unit (BRH – MHU) and Emergency Room (ER), Juneau Youth Services (JYS), and other community partners, including those outside the Juneau area.
- Refer to other agencies as appropriate to client need and available resources.
- Maintain confidentiality according to HIPAA and 42CFR Part II regulations, and JAMHI policy.
- Refrain from activities which may impair judgment or ability to perform assigned duties while on shift.
- Provide back up to other on-call staff and shifts as possible with a flexible attitude of cooperation among all team members to meet client need.
- Any changes in shift should be anticipated, except in cases of illness or personal emergency, and must be pre-approved by the Clinical Director and will require availability of clinical staff to cover absences.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a master’s degree in a behavioral health field, awarded at least 12 months prior to application.
- Must be professionally licensed in field or eligible for licensure and actively pursuing licensure.
- Eligibility for Bartlett Regional Hospital Allied Health Professional Privilege Certification.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check in accordance with the current state regulation requirements.
- Professional writing, computer and communications skills.
- Ability to provide and maintain a professional relationship with individual clients and their families, which allows for mutual respect, consistency and empathy in all interactions, and appropriate ethical and relational limits and boundaries.
- Must have valid Alaska driver’s license and be able to clear the JAMHI auto insurance screening through the independent insurance carrier and/or if driving own vehicle, the minimum state liability coverage is required.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, LTD, 403(b), Paid Holidays, Liberal Leave Accrual.
Schedule: This position is a week-on/week-off position expected to be on-call all hours during scheduled weeks of duty.
Application Instructions: To be considered for a position with JAMHI, you must submit both your resume and our employment application. Be sure to complete all requested information on the application form. Do not write “See Resume” on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may submit your paperwork by email, HR@jamhi.org, or drop off at our clinic located at 3406 Glacier Hwy.