JAMHI is hiring a Clinician II. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment with a team that is dedicated to providing our clients with the highest possible level of service so they can “Live their Own Best Lives”, this position is for you.
- Perform clinical intake assessments, functional/psychosocial assessments, diagnostic evaluations and formulate recommendations for appropriate behavioral health, or other, services.
- Provide individual and/or group therapy in accordance to individualized treatment plans.
- Provide services in an empathic, hopeful and welcoming manner, ensuring that there is truly “No Wrong Door” for service recipients with co-occurring disorders.
- With the client’s input, develop & review individualized treatment plans to further develop their ability to live independently in the community.
- Act as directing clinician on treatment teams for assigned cases.
- Complete all clinical documentation in accordance with state, federal & agency requirements including treatment plans, treatment reviews, functional assessments, and progress notes. Complete all within timelines set by JAMHI.
- On a back-up basis only, provide mental health emergency services within the catchment area for individuals with acute emotional or psychiatric crisis through;
– Emergency Assessment
– Emergency Referral
– Crisis Intervention follow-up
– Participation in on-call rotation for 24-hour emergency response coverage to the community.
- Prepare and maintain all necessary treatment documents for the court and case record
- Provide expert testimony as necessary in court for legal proceedings.
- Provide interagency and community consultation and education as needed.
- Support and facilitate the development of living skills that will aid independent housing placement in the community; including meal preparation, financial management including entitlements, maintenance of a clean, orderly person and living environment.
- Support and facilitate the psychosocial development of clients including social, intellectual and behavioral skill building.
- Coordinate with other service providers where necessary to facilitate treatment goals: including, but not limited to Rainforest Recovery Center, Physicians, GHS, Bartlett Regional Hospital, SEARHC, REACH, job coaching, LCCC, court orders and Probation, etc.
- Attend all treatment team meetings and other required meetings and trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a master’s degree in a behavioral health field and 2 years of clinical experience.
- Must be professionally licensed in field or eligible for licensure and actively pursuing licensure.
- Experience working with persons experiencing co-occurring disorders preferred.
- Experience with Neurofeedback Theapy preferred.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check in accordance with the current state regulation requirements.
- Professional writing, computer and communications skills.
- Ability to provide and maintain a professional relationship with individual clients and their families, which allows for mutual respect, consistency and empathy in all interactions, and appropriate ethical and relational limits and boundaries.
- Must have valid Alaska driver’s license and be able to clear the JAMHI auto insurance screening through the independent insurance carrier and/or if driving.