If you are passionate about helping others and you thrive in a fast-paced environment with a team that is dedicated to providing our clients with the highest level of care so they can “Live their Own Best Lives”, then come join the JAMHI team.
Our Chief Performance Improvement and Compliance Officer is responsible for facilitating the continuous quality improvement of an integrated community behavioral health center and federally qualified health center. Key deliverables include facilitating the development and accurate measurement of performance indicators, conducting internal investigations and risk analysis, managing multiple data-flows in support of performance management and coordinating outcome reporting. This position provides interpretation, guidance and direction regarding local, state and federal rules and regulations and international accreditation standards as well as contributes to staff training and development. This position participates on the leadership team, interacts with the Board of Directors as necessary and serves as the supervisor of the Clinical Records Specialist.
- Plans, organizes, leads and evaluates all JAMHI performance improvement activities.
- Leads the organization’s accreditation achievement and maintenance effort.
- Analytical; provides timely, accurate data and information that supports leaders in the achievement of performance indicators in business functions that support financial solvency and in service delivery areas of access to services, efficiency of services, effectiveness of services and satisfaction and other feedback from persons served and other stakeholders.
- Investigates matters related to compliance issues, performs risk analysis, facilitates internal reviews and audits, and conducts incident reviews.
- Facilitates the quality improvement team; liaisons with and supports all cross-agency teams.
- Supports program directors to ensure the provision of high quality services across all programs.
- Works with program directors to prepare grants, submits grant reports in a timely manner and maintains grant filing.
- Demonstrates a person-centered philosophy that guides service delivery and is communicated to stakeholders in an understandable manner.
- Promotes the value of services, advocacy, education and public relations in the community regarding all JAMHI services.
- Contributes to the development of policies and procedures and coordinates communication and training on policies and procedures.
- Effectively balances the expectations of persons served and other stakeholders.
- Accessible to persons served and other stakeholders.
- Contributes to staff recognition planning and agency celebration functions.
- General and current knowledge of Medicaid regulations and service eligibility requirements.
- Embraces and models the values of accountability and responsibility as a member of the leadership team.
- Supervision of Clinical Records Specialist.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in behavioral health or related field; Master’s Degree in behavioral health, healthcare, business, public administration or law strongly preferred.
- Certification in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) preferred, but not required.
- Experience with behavioral health or healthcare organizations in achieving and maintaining accreditation as well as with regulatory inspections, audits, site visits from accreditation and other oversight bodies.
- Information technology experience preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable of standard administrative procedures and have excellent organizational skills with high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience writing policies and procedures desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including computer skill competency.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, and work cooperatively with multiple teams and individuals to develop work plans and time-lined outcomes.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check in accordance with the current state regulation requirements.
- Must have valid Alaska driver’s license with a good driving record and be able to pass the JAMHI auto insurance screening through the independent insurance carrier and/or meet the minimum state liability coverage if using own personal vehicle.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Long-term Disability Insurance, 403(b), Paid Holidays, Liberal Leave Accrual.
Salary Range: $36.38 – $51.27 (DOE)
Application Instructions: To be considered for a position with JAMHI, you must submit both your resume and our employment application. Be sure to complete all requested information on the application form. Do not write “See Resume” on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may submit your paperwork by email HR@jamhi.org or by drop off at our clinic located at 3406 Glacier Hwy.