Position Description: The Chief Operations Officer (COO) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for all JAMHI’s service programs. The COO will provide leadership in translating strategic vision into action, designing and implementing operating models in a high quality integrated care organization. In addition, the COO will provide leadership and guidance for JAMHI’s integrated services management team. Under the general supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, along with members of the leadership team and increasingly diverse stakeholder groups, the COO leads the organization in preparation for greater contractual risk for population management and value based care initiatives. As an active integration leader, the COO strategically creates, maintains and grows various JAMHI care management platforms, aligning the continuum of care to reach-out proactively and welcomingly to the most vulnerable in our community, ensuring JAMHI provides timely, consistently high quality integrated behavioral, physical health care, psychiatric emergency, prevention and wellness service lines that are coordinated with JAMHI’s residential services when indicated. Models personal accountability and holds others accountable to JAMHI policies, mission and values.
The major responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Optimize operation performance by ensuring the continued financial viability of JAMHI’s integrated services’ operational units through fiscal management and monitoring programmatic progress. Design and create service delivery models using evidence based, person-centered design approach.
- Works with CFO to develop, implement, and maintain all internal programmatic systems, budgets, and procedures necessary to carry out the programmatic and fiscal mission of JAMHI.
- Directly and through the direction and supervision of others, the Chief Operations Officer plans, organizes leads and evaluates all direct service lines..
- Along with the Chief Performance Improvement & Compliance Officer, lead continuous quality improvement process throughout the program service areas, focusing on systems/process, quality of care, efficiency, productivity, and fiscal improvements. Utilize data to identify strengths and opportunities. Promote regular and ongoing opportunities for all staff to give feedback on program operations.
- Coordinates the effective, efficient delivery of integrated behavioral and physical healthcare and wellness services.
- Manage and cultivate relationships with funding sources, customer referral agencies and partner organizations both inside and outside of industry to secure and expand recurring revenue streams and ensure successful collaboration and partnerships.
- Directly supervise program directors in their day-to-day management of programmatic matters. Responsible for hiring, training, development, and performance management of direct reports. Achieves performance indicators in business functions that support financial solvency. Identify opportunities for JAMHI to leverage cross-program strengths to take advantage of new opportunities and/or address organizational challenges.
- Provide programmatic leadership and input for all strategic plan implementation processes with the CEO and staff. Coach program Directors as they implement the strategic plan and transition program operations.
- Provide leadership by being actively involved in all programs and services, developing a broad and deep knowledge of all programs, and ensuring that all program activities operate consistently and ethically within the mission and values of JAMHI.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain program Directors with an emphasis on developing capacity in strategic analysis, planning, and program budgeting.
- Accessible to persons served as well as other stakeholders.
- Ensures the achievement of performance indicators in service delivery areas of access, efficiency, effectiveness and satisfaction and other feedback from persons served and other stakeholders.
- Publicly represent JAMHI with external constituency groups including community, governmental, and private organization to build excitement for JAMHI’s mission. Provide community education workshops as requested.
- Identifies and pursues appropriate publications and training to stay abreast of current research, emerging and established evidence based practice models.
- Thorough and current knowledge of best practices pertaining to community behavioral health center (CBHC), federally qualified health center (FQHC) as well as evolving certified community behavioral health clinic (CCBHC) requirements.
- Facilitates the development and implementation of the electronic medical record and practice management platforms designed to meet integrated healthcare standards and requirements.
- Communicates the benefits of integrated care and monitoring and management necessary to assure optimal benefit to persons served, their families and the community.
- Embraces and models the values of accountability and responsibility to the JAMHI Health & Wellness mission as a member leadership team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a specialization in healthcare administration, business administration, public health administration or a related program; and
- Six years of full-time, paid experience in high-level responsible business administration, human resources administration, public administration or an equivalent field, or as a healthcare administrator in a position of direct responsibility for total operations or major parts thereof in an integrated service setting including substantial exposure in demonstrably meeting community needs; or,
- A satisfactory equivalent combination of education, experience and training; and,
- Extensive working knowledge of healthcare administration, medical procedures, laws and regulations pertaining to operations with special reference to FQHC requirements. Strong written and oral communication skills, including advanced computer skill competency.
- Ability to present a positive public image regarding program activities, through such activities as public speaking, articles for media, etc.
- Ability to work cooperatively and productively with persons served and their families and community partners allowing for mutual respect, consistency, and empathy, within appropriate ethical and relational limits and boundaries.
- Ability to develop and coordinate agency-wide plans for people who are the most vulnerable in our community
- Ten years high level experience in a position of direct responsibility in operations for all or part of a healthcare system of similar size and structure.