Case Manager Supervisor ($25.82 – $31.38 DOE)
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment with a team that is dedicated to providing our clients with the highest level of care so they can “Live their Own Best Lives”, then come join the JAMHI team. Our Case Manager Supervisor provides a combination of case management services and direct supervision of case management staff. This position makes efforts to co-facilitate the collaboration of the overall case management team with other supervisors as appropriate.
Major areas of Responsibility Include but not limited to:
- Must be able to work independently, moving clients in the direction of independence by encouraging self-determination, self-evaluation and consistently assisting consumers to recognize own strengths and using those strengths for personal growth of each individual.
- Provide active outreach to those clients included in the caseload that are living independently and in need of minimal support and encouragement.
- Carry a caseload and insure adequate support toward recovery, maintenance in the community, psychosocial development and skills education.
- Provide services in an empathetic, hopeful and welcoming manner, ensuring that there is truly “No Wrong Door” for service recipients with co-occurring disorders.
- Develop individualized treatment plans with each client to further develop their ability to live independently in the community.
- Complete all clinical documentation in accordance with state, federal & agency requirements including treatment plans, treatment reviews, functional assessments, and progress notes. Complete all within timelines set by JAMHI.
- Maintain relationship with Operation Support Assistant, or relevant staff, ensuring that Case Managers supervised are completing all clinical documentation in accordance with state, federal & agency requirements including treatment plans, treatment reviews, functional assessments, and progress notes. Complete all within timelines set by JAMHI.
- Prepare and maintain all necessary treatment documents for the case record.
- Act as behavioral health professional on treatment teams for assigned cases.
- Provide expert testimony as necessary in court for legal proceedings.
- Provide interagency and community consultation and education as needed.
- Support and facilitate symptom management including education, skill building, support systems, crisis intervention, de-escalation and help with medication monitoring.
- Support and facilitate the development of living skills that will aid independent living in the community which include housing maintenance, meal preparation, and financial management including entitlements, maintenance of a clean, orderly person and living environment.
- Support and facilitate the psychosocial development of clients including social, intellectual and behavioral skill building.
- Assist with access and coordination of financial resources such as Social Security, APA, Payee/Conservator and others.
- Act as primary trainer for case managers.
- Thorough understanding and instruction in appropriate case management related Medicaid billing codes. Provide and document direct one-on-one and group supervision of Case Managers in the Rehabilitation Services Team.
- Assist in establishing and meeting productivity, census, and revenue goals
- Complete performance evaluations of supervisees in a timely manner.
- Arranges for professional development training on clinical, documentation, billing, or related issues for direct service staff.
- Attend and participate in supervisor’s meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral health field or similar discipline
- Solid knowledge and understanding of resources available to individuals in Alaska and Juneau specifically as well as the understanding of the processes to navigate the resources.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Chemical Dependency experience and credentials preferred.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check in accordance with the current state regulation requirements.
- Good writing, computer and communications skills.
- Ability to provide and maintain a professional relationship with individual clients and their families, which allows for mutual respect, consistency and empathy in all interactions, and appropriate ethical and relational limits and boundaries.
- Must have valid Alaska driver’s license and be able to clear the JAMHI auto insurance screening through the independent insurance carrier and/or if driving own vehicle the minimum state liability coverage is required..
Application Instructions: To be considered for a position with JAMHI, you must submit both your resume and our employment application. Be sure to complete all requested information on the application form. Do not write “See Resume” on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may submit your paperwork by email HR@jamhi.org or by drop off at our clinic located at 3406 Glacier Hwy.