Assistant Residential Services Director
Description: Under the direction of the Residential Services Director, assists in the coordination and administration of all JAMHI Residential services. Responsible for supervision of Residential Living Specialists at JAMHI Salmon Creek and Lemon Creek Residential facilities. Responsible for developing and maintaining the Behavioral Health Associate work schedule, ensuring necessary coverage is provided for each site, and providing coverage in the event of an emergency.
- Under the direction of the Residential Services Director this position is responsible for assisting and coordinating the successful operation of JAMHI Residential Services, to include the provision of daily direct supervision of Residential Living Specialists and Case Managers while providing Corrective Actions as needed.
- Provides training for all new residential staff
- Develop monthly BHA/RLS/CM work schedules, ensure necessary coverage is provided for each site, and provide coverage in the event of an emergency. Maintain accurate schedule of supervisees referencing time off and switched schedules after the initial schedule has been created.
- Participate in program planning and development, including planning, coordinating, and facilitating activities that provide a therapeutic benefit to the clients.
- Creation and maintenance of training tools and resources for staff utilization.
- Responsible for updating training manuals, documents, and reference guide.
- Assists with coordinating required trainings for Residential employees in conjunction with trainers and Human Resources, ensuring staff are up to date with training requirements.
- Assists in recruitment of new residential staff, including conducting interviews with the Residential Director and checking references of potential candidates.
- Shares on-call duties with residential director 50% of the time by, providing coverage for group home and supported living shifts in the case of an emergency; by contacting staff willing to cover and or providing direct coverage.
- Shares in providing on-call Residential support 24/7.
- Encourage and foster professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality of Residential staff.
- Attend and co-facilitate staff meetings, treatment team meetings, training team meetings, and other meetings as necessary.
- Responsible for taking Residential meeting minutes and making them available to BHA staff.
- Facilitate Case Management and RLS meetings weekly and responsible for taking notes and making them available to necessary staff.
- Provides supervision to Behavioral Health Associates when needed to execute daily operations and or provide supervision in the absence of the residential director.
- In coordination with Operations Support Assistant, the position ensures Case Management and Residential Living Specialists documentation is completed and tracked in compliance with policies and procedures of JAMHI, State, and Medicaid/Medicare requirements.
- Provide follow-up and ongoing Progress Note and CareLogic training as necessary to Residential staff.
- Other duties as assigned related to the operation of the Residential programs.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in psychology, counseling, social work or related field, preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience providing direct services to individuals with severe mental illness and co-occurring substance use disorders and/or individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities.
- At least (1) one year of experience in a supervisory role.
- Must possess a current Alaska driver’s license for a minimum of three years.
- Most possess or obtain a current first aid and CPR certification.
Salary Range: $24.34 – $34.32