If you are passionate about helping others and you thrive in a fast-paced environment with a team that is dedicated to providing our clients with the highest level of care so they can “Live their Own Best Lives”, then come join the JAMHI team.
The Accountant III position provides support to the Chief Finance Officer by maintaining general ledger accounts, preparing monthly financial statements, preparing quarterly payroll returns, accounting for all grants, preparing grant financial reports, assisting with budgets and other duties. This position will provide supervision of accounts payable and receiving, payroll, budgeting, and production of financial statements and reports.
- Direct the day-to-day accounting operations in conjunction with the CFO to include supervision of accounts payable and receivable, payroll, grants, and maintenance of the general ledger.
- Accounts Payable – Approve coding on vouchers prepared by others. Review voucher documentation and authorization for adequacy. Perform accounts payable control function.
- Accounts Receivable – Review daily collections log to code and post Revenue Items. Work with others to ensure accuracy of rent charges and payments.
- Payroll – Collect timesheets and verify timesheet totals and approvals. Process bi-weekly paychecks. Prepare and submit all payroll tax payments and reports. Process benefit information provided by Human Resources, prepare, and submit payments to benefit providers. Prepare annual W-2s. Maintain employee leave records.
- General Ledger – Perform monthly closing entries and prepare monthly reports for management review. Periodic account reconciliations.
- Prepare, analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements.
- Budgets – Research and report on budget variances. Lead the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the CFO.
- Year-end closing – Oversee audit, coordinate activities with outside audit/accounting firms. Prepare schedules requested by auditor.
- Financial Reports – Assist in compliance reporting to governmental agencies and other third parties as necessary ensuring compliance with requirements, accuracy and timely reports. Manage monthly close schedule. Generate monthly reports after close to include revenue and expense analysis and budget to actual analysis. Generate department productivity reports.
- Update and implement all necessary accounting policies and practices.
- Remain up-to-date on best practices in non-profit finance, business systems and internal control measures.
- Assist in the preparation of ad-hoc projects, improve use of technology within the Finance Department and participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Finance Officer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, or related field.
- 3+ years relevant work experience.
- Experience with non-profit or fund accounting experience is desirable.
- Expert computer skills, including Office, with advanced proficiency in Excel.
- The ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Long-term Disability Insurance, 403(b), Paid Holidays, Liberal Leave Accrual.
Salary Range: $31.71 – 44.68 (DOE)
Application Instructions: To be considered for a position with JAMHI, you must submit both your resume and our employment application. Be sure to complete all requested information on the application form. Do not write “See Resume” on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You may submit your paperwork by email HR@jamhi.org or by drop off at our clinic located at 3406 Glacier Hwy.